Request Report: Google Drive File Stream
Last Update: 2018.02.28
Scope: This job aid is to assist users currently using the Google Drive Sync. Google Drive Sync is being discontinued and a new product Google Drive File Stream is being used in its place.
NOTE: Google has upgraded its service and will discontinue this type of Google Drive Sync on March 12, 2018. Google File Stream will work in the same capacity, however will not take up hard disk space.
1. Before deleting any documents from your computer please VERIFY that all documents have been backed up to the cloud.
2. To completely remove Google Drive Sync and Backup & Sync users will need to delete the Google Drive Folder on their machine.
● NOTE: This will NOT delete any documents or folders from the Google Drive. These are just physical copies that are located on the machine.
3. To delete local files, open the Google Drive folder on the Desktop.
4. Highlight all files located in the folder (CTRL + A)
5. Click Delete on your keyboard, and click Yes.
6. After deletion has completed, the folder will now be empty .
- Launch Program from list of All Programs:
- Sign in with your ResponsiveED Google Account:
- Enter ResponsiveED Email password.
- In the bottom Right, click once to raise the progress and click the folder to open the window:
- The new location is Google DriveFS (File Stream). Items are all listed under My Drive.
● NOTE: One of the new features for Google File Stream is that users now have access to view their Team Drives.